Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Archived topics about LMDE 1
Forum rules
User avatar
cdysthe
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby cdysthe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:01 am

Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?

User avatar
viking777
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5139
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby viking777 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:44 pm

cdysthe wrote:Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?


It starts fine on kernel 3.0, and as I am sure you are aware Liquorix kernel is not part of LMDE so I guess that is where the problem is.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).

User avatar
cdysthe
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby cdysthe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:43 pm

viking777 wrote:
cdysthe wrote:Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?


It starts fine on kernel 3.0, and as I am sure you are aware Liquorix kernel is not part of LMDE so I guess that is where the problem is.


I am fully aware that Liquorix isn't part of LMDE. Also, the Update Manager starts fine with the Liquorix kernel, but not automatically when I log in. I'm still curious as to why that is.

LifeInTheGrey
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby LifeInTheGrey » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:28 pm

cdysthe wrote:
viking777 wrote:
cdysthe wrote:Hi,

I've run the latest Liquorix 3 kernel for a while. The only problem I have is that Update Manager won't auto start. I have to start it manually after I have logged in. I was wondering if this is a general kernel 3 problem, or Liquorix. Question for those of you who has played around with the Debian testing 3.0 kernel: Does Update Manager start at login?


It starts fine on kernel 3.0, and as I am sure you are aware Liquorix kernel is not part of LMDE so I guess that is where the problem is.


I am fully aware that Liquorix isn't part of LMDE. Also, the Update Manager starts fine with the Liquorix kernel, but not automatically when I log in. I'm still curious as to why that is.


Silly question, but have you checked startup applications?

Tappa tappa
the beauty of linux is that the rabbit hole goes as deep as you want it to go.

User avatar
Roken
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 740
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:55 pm
Location: Oldham, UK
Contact:

Re: Kernel v 3 prevents Update Manager from starting.

Postby Roken » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:30 pm

I've had no problems with kernels 2.6.39, 3.0.0, 3.1 rc 1, 2, 3 & 4 and mintupdate.

It's likely to be a configuration or, as LifeInTheGrey suggest, simply disabled/missing from startup applications.
Kernel Linux Tex 3.2.2-1 (64 bit) xfce , burg
Arch
ATI Radeon HD 4670, 1GB
OSS4
AMD Phenom II X4 (965BE) @ 3.6 Ghz (Overclocked)
8Gb RAM
Image


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests