LM19 and themes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ZenPath

LM19 and themes

Post by ZenPath »

Have just upgraded in-place to LM19 from LM18.3 - process went smoothly, so thanks to all of those wizards who made this such a cool distro!!

A small matter of aesthetics: windows seem to be missing the colour at the top (using Mint-Y + Sand) and I cannot figure out how to get that back. Are others experiencing this also? Is this scheduled for a fix?

Also, the clock/ date panel area has now become a default grey colour rather than the colour I use for the rest of the panel. Again, is this something others have experienced, and again, is this on the list for post-release bug fixes?

Other than this - all seems to be the same great standard as one has come to expect. Thanks again to all developers involved.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: LM19 and themes

Post by gm10 »

Probably due to the upgrade, that always seems to create various issues that a clean install doesn't. Check your appearance settings, parts of your old theme may be missing or not compatible anymore. Maybe apt install --reinstall mint-themes helps, too.
ZenPath

Post by ZenPath »

Thanks gm10

Unfortunately attempting to reinstall themes didn't work. Scouting around the web, there do seem to be a number of reports about broken themes, so I'm sure that this will get fixed at some point.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Sorry to hear that. All I can say is that it's not happening on my clean installed LM19 MATE and Cinnamon. I mean the clock area thing, none of the Mint themes have coloured titlebars so I'm not quite sure what you are missing there.
ud6

Post by ud6 »

ZenPath wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 am ...Also, the clock/ date panel area has now become a default grey colour rather than the colour I use for the rest of the panel. Again, is this something others have experienced..
I did a fresh REinstall of mint 19.0 (from mint 19.0) using same installation USB and same laptop, and first time clock was panel colour, second time was default grey as you describe. Odd.

Return to “MATE”