Bluetooth does not work [solved]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LatinPoet

Re: Bluetooth does not work

Post by LatinPoet »

Beware! I updated Mate in LM 13 Maya to Mate 1.4, and it killed Blueman bluetooth! Blueman will pair with my Motorola headphones, but no sound will come out. I have tried reinstalling the bluez packages, but still no sound. Will this problem be fixed?
nashjc
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Bluetooth does not work [solved]

Post by nashjc »

The "SOLVED" in the header seems premature. I get some connection with some of the combinations of gnome-bluetooth or blueman, but they do not seem to be stable.

I'll be happy to help debug this with someone, but I suspect we can fill many postings and not help folk with a definitive recipe.

Contact me off-list at nashjc _at_ uottawa.ca if interested in working towards a documented solution.

JN
nashjc
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nashjc »

This morning I found that I could get the mate-bluetooth tools working by installing

libmatebluetooth-dev

Seems to take out libmatebluetooth and replace with a different version as it puts in the dev libraries.
(It installs a whole whack of small libraries).

This would explain why developers don't see the problem.

I then got Mint Maya 64bit to run bluetooth fine (I'm using an Asus USB dongle). Also on a laptop with same issue.

Perhaps if others find this solution works they could post.

JN
johnknott

Post by johnknott »

Install Blueman as suggested
Remove Mate version
REBOOT ! then only 1 Bluetooth symbol in bar( the Blueman one).
Install Thunar then "browse device using obex ftp" works
Ensure all 4 boxes checked in Local services Transfer
Can now send and receive files from Mac, other mint13 box, Samsung phone.

Cant find any problems except with HP Ipaq (is a law unto itself with anything Wireless!)

John K
zorg

Post by zorg »

i did exactly the opposite. i uninstall all related to bluetooth (blueman, bluez, gnome bluetooth, etc...) in synaptic "removing completly". and then restart and install mate-user-share wich automaticaly install mate bluetooth. And then configure mate-user-share to admit to share by blutooth and receive by bluetooth. And now everything runs sweet!!! :D
akstirling

Post by akstirling »

Hi .... just ported myself over to Mint 18.1 MATE from ten and disappointed to find BT not working .... question ..... would the solution shown above involving downloading the files in the box(bluez 4.98-2ubuntu7 etc) be relevant to my OS ... if so I'll be back to the forum to find out about how to install etc as am that much of a newbie! ... as perched in my eyrie as my wife calls the study i inhabit, being minus music through decent speakers no fun at all .... thanks
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Post by JeremyB »

akstirling wrote:Hi .... just ported myself over to Mint 18.1 MATE from ten and disappointed to find BT not working .... question ..... would the solution shown above involving downloading the files in the box(bluez 4.98-2ubuntu7 etc) be relevant to my OS ... if so I'll be back to the forum to find out about how to install etc as am that much of a newbie! ... as perched in my eyrie as my wife calls the study i inhabit, being minus music through decent speakers no fun at all .... thanks
Please start a new topic on your issue as this thread is a few years old and will likely not help you

Return to “MATE”