Remove icons from desktop

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
crutch145

Remove icons from desktop

Post by crutch145 »

I do not like having the Computer and Home directory on my desktop. I would like to have nothing on my desktop except my background. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Justin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xclusive585

Re: Remove icons from desktop

Post by xclusive585 »

If you have the Mate desktop:
Menu- Preferences- Desktop Settings. Uncheck what you don't want.
crutch145

Post by crutch145 »

Awesome. Thanks!
Cycledoc

Re: Remove icons from desktop--Cinnamon

Post by Cycledoc »

Have same issue in Cinnamon. I've used the Cinnamon desktop to try and get rid of them but they persist. Any ideas? Will this be fixed in 14.1?

A little surprised at these glitches.
mank_in

Post by mank_in »

Cycledoc wrote:Have same issue in Cinnamon. I've used the Cinnamon desktop to try and get rid of them but they persist. Any ideas? Will this be fixed in 14.1?
I am use LM14 with cinnamon 1.6.7. You can try :
cinnamon setting > desktop : uncheck computer and home icon visible on the desktop.
Is that not works :?:
masoudborbor

Post by masoudborbor »

that does not work for me! Linux mint 14 +cinnamon
It did work before, I had no item on my desktop (except mounted volumes) I ran unity once, and after logging out and log in back again, there were home and computer icon who persist to stay there even after unchecking the boxes in cinnamon settings
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

masoudborbor
Maybe you need remove them while logged in using Unity,it may not work but it can't hurt to try.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com

Return to “MATE”