gnubiff, Add to panel...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
josef2

gnubiff, Add to panel...

Post by josef2 »

I changed recently to Mint 14 MATE from old good Mint 10. Everything OK except I can't add my lovely gnubiff mail notifier to panel from "Add to panel..." context menu. I used to use second panel on the right of desktop, and I keep there a number of my frequently used programs and applets. Gnubiff applet was one of them In Mint 10, I could add it from panel context menu; however, in Mint 14 I can add it as program launcher only. Gnubiff now works as applet in system tray only (with --systemtray option). How can I add gnubiff to the list of applets in "Add to panel..." context menu?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: gnubiff, Add to panel...

Post by Orbmiser »

Do you know what command line arguments gnubiff can start with?
As I have Banshee startup in tray with: Banshee --hidden in my startup programs.

Some you can run in the terminal with --help
will give you commands list supported.

or a simple google search gives man pages for it.
gnubiff(1) - Linux man page
http://linux.die.net/man/1/gnubiff

--systemtray
Start gnubiff in the system tray
josef2

Post by josef2 »

Yes, I wrote about this option in my first post, but I wanted to get the applet on second panel, not in system tray. To do it, I need to add gnubiff applet item into panel popup menu (Add to Panel dialog). It was there on Mint 10...
josef2

Post by josef2 »

Same thing with hamster, my another lovely panel-sitting applet. Have googled about it <http://forums.mate-desktop.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=623>:
Hamster applet is for gnome, not for MATE... MATE is a follow-up of Gnome2 but is not 100% binary compatible with it. This means that something designed for Gnome2 might not run on MATE... This is especially true for applications which use Gnome2-specific stuff outside Glib/GTK.
It's a pity. And it's strange that applications installed in Mint MATE from standard repo do not work as they should. Hello, MATE developers!

Return to “MATE”