Before you post please read how to get help
enchance
Level 3
Level 3

Window Decoration doesn't display windows when starti Compiz

Post by enchance » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:13 am

I just installed compiz fusion using

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager compiz-plugins-extra fusion-icon
and noticed that if I try to customize any of the unchecked items by clicking their boxes, my window borders disappear and nothing becomes clickable and yet the Window Decoration is enabled the entire time.

For example, if I try to click anything, say Desktop Cube or Wobbly Windows, my window borders for my open apps disappear and they all don't accept any actions. It's like I'm locked out entirely so I have a do a Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to make thing usable again. Now I'm afraid if I should start compiz again with

Code: Select all

compiz --replace
once I sign in after restarting X.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit #1: I noticed that as long as I don't touch any of the unchecked items in ccsm, compiz works fine. It's like compiz runs only with default settings.
Edit #2: Pressing Alt+F2 doesn't work anymore either after running compiz --replace.
It's not that hard to train a pengiun to do stunts. Just say, sudo roll-over or sudo play-dead.
Caffeine-induced designs by http://www.johnimbong.com

Honest Mistake
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Window Decoration doesn't display windows when starti Co

Post by Honest Mistake » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 am

I think I had a similar problem - compiz wouldn't remember any changes I made in ccsm. It fixed itself whey I tried to click on the Preferences option in ccsm. Well, kind of. Actually it crashed and cleared all options in the ccsm. But after that I could turn what I wanted back on and this time it remembered my changes.

Compiz is just getting more and more troublesome to get working correctly. Which is a damn shame because I don't know of any alternative for some of its effects.

Return to “MATE”