How do I replace Caja with Nautilus as default file mgr?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ScottyD
Level 2
Level 2

How do I replace Caja with Nautilus as default file mgr?

Post by ScottyD »

Mint 16, Mate...

Caja is OK, but Nautilus has the addons or plugins I like.

How do I replace Caja with Nautilus as the default file manager?

Scott
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: How do I replace Caja with Nautilus as default file mgr?

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

Menu>Preferences>Preferred Applications>System> you can change it there though Nautilus based upon Gnome 3 and MATE is based upon Gnome 2 thus some of the plugins may not work right or at all on your system,different dependencies ,different libraries,etc.
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
Thorium

Post by Thorium »

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:Menu>Preferences>Preferred Applications>System> you can change it there though Nautilus based upon Gnome 3 and MATE is based upon Gnome 2 thus some of the plugins may not work right or at all on your system,different dependencies ,different libraries,etc.
Many thanks TheDynamicHamza21, this is just what I had to do to fix my issue. File Manager was on VLC.
see http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 08#p827008
:D
ericore

Post by ericore »

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:Menu>Preferences>Preferred Applications>System> you can change it there though Nautilus based upon Gnome 3 and MATE is based upon Gnome 2 thus some of the plugins may not work right or at all on your system,different dependencies ,different libraries,etc.
Ya, the problem is I have nautilus installed, but it is unavailable in search and in preferred applications; you can only run in terminal.
Caja is dreadful. In the file manager options, I have File Manager, Files, Files and Caja; they all point to caja.
So need to clean that up somehow and put nautilus in that list.

Return to “MATE”