A problem with "Use Tighter Layout" option

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Stephen12

A problem with "Use Tighter Layout" option

Post by Stephen12 »

Good time of the day to everyone, here's the problem I've faced. I've turned on the "Use Tighter Layout" option in Linux Mint 18.1 MATE file management options tab, but each time I reboot it goes back to what was before turning on this option. As a result, names under desktop shortcuts are wrapped instead of being written in one line. Moreover, option changing has effect only if you do this via usual user account, when you do it via "sudo" it doesn't have any effect at all. Here are the screenshots of what is before and what is after checking the tick of the option:
I appreciate any help provided here.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stuffinc

Re: A problem with "Use Tighter Layout" option

Post by stuffinc »

As I can't replicate the problem I can't say for sure what the problem is exactly, but you can try add the following into a created "autorun.sh" file somewhere with execution enabled on the property settings and adding it to your startup applications list:

Code: Select all

gsettings set org.mate.caja.icon-view default-use-tighter-layout true
Stephen12

Post by Stephen12 »

Thank you, but I've already done the other thing — just changed font family and size.
Stephen12

Post by Stephen12 »

By the way, the solution offered above is not effective, each time I start the system I need to restart this option again. Changing font size doesn't help.
Stephen12

Post by Stephen12 »

Recently I've checked this problem again. The option successfully works if one sets a tick only for one time and then reboots the system. Then everything's fine.

Return to “MATE”