line across screen in xfce but not mate

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
glendenning

line across screen in xfce but not mate

Post by glendenning »

There appears to be a line of pixels not getting info. Is this a windows manager problem? I can not find the proper manager to see if that is the case. Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintyO

Re: line across screen in xfce but not mate

Post by MintyO »

I remember reading about a line across desktop on a topic not too long ago. Tried to search for it without luck.. but if I remember correctly, it was caused by a application-dock (don't know what's the name exactly). So if you use one, try if closing it helps. Sorry if this doesn't help at all.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

To test to see if it is window compositing that is causing this, open the Window Manager Tweaks program and in the Compositor tab, try turning off (or on) some of the settings (window overlay, sync v blank, for examples) or even try shutting off compositing completely.
paleozeta
Level 1
Level 1

Post by paleozeta »

i searched for ages. it is definitely docky, for me , that creates a line at the bottom of the screen. the more the icons are increased, or their focus setting, the higher the line on the screen

Return to “MATE”