StickyNotes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hermannelson
Level 1
Level 1

StickyNotes

Post by hermannelson »

I did the upgrade of Linux Mint 18.1 to 18.2 with the Mate desktop.

Now when I go to highlight Stickynotes holding the L click, the whole Stickynote moves
instead of highlighting the text?
Any time L click inside the stickynote it moves. Normally this function is at the header border top.

Any ideas to fix this?

Thank You very much for your time

Herman Nelson
Vancouver BC
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Vancouver Canada

Mint 4 LMDE

Dell Studio XPS 1645
dlguild
Level 1
Level 1

Re: StickyNotes

Post by dlguild »

I have the same problem after upgrading from 18.1 to 18.2 mate desktop running compiz. Attempting to select specific text using the left mouse button while swiping moves the note instead of highlighting the desired text. After extensive Googling, I can't find any other useful information on this issue.

I have instead installed 'xpad' as an alternative to the mate sticky notes applet. 'xpad' has some features lacking in mate's version, but some drawbacks as well. KDE also has a similar application, 'knote', but it would pull in to many dependencies to make it a worthwhile alternative.
ugly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ugly »

I tried xpad but didn't like it.

I've switched to Indicator Stickynotes, which seems like the best alternative.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

This is now fixed with mate-applets update to 1.18.2.
AllanPen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AllanPen »

I like Sticky notes because it loads in former place setting on boot up, but if I change background colour from default I can't select text to copy and paste; weird. With the default white background it's fine, but if I change to say a yellow background; can no longer select text. This is on Linux Mint Mate 19.

Return to “MATE”