minimizing closes windows

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jeffcraft1

minimizing closes windows

Post by jeffcraft1 »

i recently upgraded to linux mint 18.2 sonya MATE well i noticed that when i hit the minimize button it doesnt show them as minimized on the taskbar and i have to start the program all over again. any idea how to fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: minimizing closes windows

Post by JosephM »

Are you sure you have the tasklist added to the panel? You can right click the panel and add it. Sorry I don't know the exact terminology for the menu items. I don't have Mate running in front of me.

You can probably find out if your windows are really closed by seeing if they show up when you alt-tab.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Hoodat
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hoodat »

I'm a newbie and I have the same problem with Mint 17 mate. The programs are all there with Alt-Tab. How do I get them to show up on the taskbar?
Hoodat
Mute Ant

Post by Mute Ant »

Mate calls it a "Window List Using Buttons". Right-click on a blank piece of the panel and Add Item... it's near the bottom of the list, because it starts with a W.

Return to “MATE”