Where can I change the command to execute when I press the XF86Calculator keyboard combination?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gmolleda

Where can I change the command to execute when I press the XF86Calculator keyboard combination?

Post by gmolleda »

Kie mi povas ŝanĝi la komandon por ekzekuti per la XF86Calculator-ŝlosilo?
¿Dónde puedo cambiar el comando a ejecutar al pulsar la combinación de teclado XF86Calculator?
English discriminates 6000 millions people. Esperanto language is better.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Where can I change the command to execute when I press the XF86Calculator keyboard combination?

Post by Moem »

gmolleda wrote:Esperanto language is better.
That's nice, but this is still a mostly English-spoken forum, and I'm glad you posted in English because otherwise almost no one here would have been able to read your question.

Also, please provide some information on your OS and precise version (including desktop environment). Make it easy for people to help you. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Where can I change the command to execute when I press the XF86Calculator keyboard combination?

Post by BenTrabetere »

gmolleda wrote:Where can I change the command to execute when I press the XF86Calculator keyboard combination?
I assume you are using the MATE desktop environment. Otherwise, why post the question to the Desktops & Window Managers - MATE forum?

Go to the Control Center and click Keyboard Shortcuts. Click Add, fill in the boxes, and click Apply. Scroll down to Custom Shortcuts, select the shortcut you just created, and press the keyboard shortcut you want to use. If you select a keyboard shortcut that is already in use, you will see a warning and be asked to confirm you want to replace the shortcut.

I use three calculators. I use Gnome-Calculator the most because the UI is clean, simple and familiar. I use Qalculate! because it is much more capable. And I use ConvertAll because (until it started throwing a Segmentation fault) it is my favorite unit conversion calculator.

Here are the keyboard shortcuts I assigned.
Program (Shortcut)
Gnome-Calculator (Calculator)
Qalculate! (Alt-Calculator)
ConvertAll (Shift-Calculator)
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
Joe2Shoe
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Joe2Shoe »

After upgrading from LM18.2 to LM18.3, ConvertAll would not run anymore.
After running ConvertAll via the Terminal as root (sudo -i), ConvertAll runs now.
sudo -i convertall
No more "Segmentation fault" errors.
"Tolerance is the refuge of men without conviction."
"Common sense is not so common" - Voltaire

Return to “MATE”