Open/Minimized Programs Not Accessible in Lower Panel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jaydub868

Open/Minimized Programs Not Accessible in Lower Panel

Post by jaydub868 »

I have Mint 18.2 with Mate Desktop. My question has to do with the lower panel, or task bar as they call it in Windows. I have to justify all of my quick access icons (Thunderbird, Firefox, Terminal, etc.) on the right side of the panel near the system notification section, which seems awkward to me. If I justify them to the left it hides programs that are open or minimized. So, if I"m in Firefox and I minmize it, I can't access it. When I click on the Firefox icon, it simply opens another instance. Is this normal behavior. Is there a workaround?

Many thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Open/Minimized Programs Not Accessible in Lower Panel

Post by all41 »

The applet you seem to be missing is called 'Windows List'.
You can right click an empty spot on the panel and select 'Add to Panel' then scroll down and highlight 'Window List'
then click the 'Add' button

You can also reset your panel to fresh install default configuration. Open a terminal and type or copy/paste the following:

Code: Select all

mate-panel --reset
Any customizations and additions will be replaced with the default icons.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
jaydub868

Post by jaydub868 »

Great, a reset option. Many many thanks!!!!!
djc

Post by djc »

In my case, with Mint MATE 19, just resetting solved the problem. Thanks for that tip.

Return to “MATE”