MATE "bug" ? Some icons produce weird behaviour...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mint-On-Mac

MATE "bug" ? Some icons produce weird behaviour...

Post by Mint-On-Mac »

Hi,

As a proud user of Linux Mint MATE 18.2 MATE 64 bits, I try to customize my desktop to fit my tastes.
So I like to change themes and icons...
But it seems that there is a problem when I do so :
- if I use some icon packs, I need to "triple click" to open a folder (one click to select folder, and then double-click to open) ;
- if I use some icon packs, double-click works, but there's adelay while opening folder (like about half a second but still !) ;
- if I use some icon packs, the whole GUI becomes unresponsive and opening a folder takes about 4 seconds :-(

I assume this is a problem with MATE and not with Linux Mint itself. I may add that it happens even with themes/icons taken from the official repos, not some weird ppa of some kind :-(
Maybe a problem with my GPU which is an AMD RX460 (and yes, I installed the amdgpu drivers, free ones, not proprietary ones).

I also notice that in the official repos, there is a package called "mate-desktop-environment" in version 2017-06-02 (not sur it's February 6th or June 2nd).
Anyone has installed that package ? Is it the same as MATE 1.18.0 that came installed ? Would it solve the problem ?

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Regards.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint-On-Mac

Re: MATE "bug" ? Some icons produce weird behaviour...

Post by Mint-On-Mac »

Hi guys,

Anyone would have an answer to this ?

At least anyone that could report the same behavior on his install ?

Thanks a lot...

Return to “MATE”