Caja Drag and Drop

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
glenm
Level 1
Level 1

Caja Drag and Drop

Post by glenm »

Is there any way to get Caja to indicate which folder you are dropping into like thunar etc? The folder changes colour but once it is open there is no way to tell if you are dropping into that folder. Thunar shows the folder opening and Nemo draws a highlight box around it. Caja nothing.
Using Mate 18.2, otherwise an excellent distro as always.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Caja Drag and Drop

Post by Schultz »

I'm using 18.2 as well and drag and drop works just fine for me. Dragging something over a folder changes the folder's color (or shading), and the file gets dropped into it.
Mik3e
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mik3e »

My technique it to press F3 to get a second window pane, in one pane navigate to the source, in the other navigate to the target, drag and drop from source to target and the result is displayed. In addition to immediately showing the result, this process creates a large target which is hard to miss.

Mike
Superannuated
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Superannuated »

[Note 1: These observations are from running LM18.3 Mate from a live USB stick.]

If you are in List View and you drag a document to a folder it will immediately change color. If you hold the document over the folder then in about 2 seconds the folder will open. If you then release the mouse then the document will be displayed in the new location.

[Note 2: Interestingly, the Desktop folder was the only folder for me that did NOT change color.]

Hey, thanks Mik3e for the F3 trick!

Return to “MATE”