Problem with the sound feature

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ICIT2

Problem with the sound feature

Post by ICIT2 »

I think my machine is now set up to play the start up sound but my problem is when I set the sound to about half volume and then close that small screen the volume reverts bck to zero. Any suggestion on how I can fix this please. See before and after pics
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Problem with the sound feature

Post by kukamuumuka »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=256541&p=1383948#p1383948
Set the default level adding the command to the Startup Applications. An example 50%

Code: Select all

amixer -D pulse sset Master 50%
https://askubuntu.com/questions/97936/t ... dio-volume
ICIT2

Post by ICIT2 »

Well it worked until I rebooted and it has reverted back to setting drop sound when I set sound settings but coming off the screen and rebooting leaves me with no sound. I would really like to get it to sound something when the system boots to login and if I attach a USB stick or click on settings for example.
ICIT2

Post by ICIT2 »

Hey look I hate bumping a thread but the problem still perisdt I cannot get any system sounds to work any furtehr ideas olease.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

ICIT2 wrote:Hey look I hate bumping a thread but the problem still perisdt I cannot get any system sounds to work any furtehr ideas olease.
Add the command to the Startup Applications with delay.

sleep 10 && amixer -D pulse sset Master 50%
Or make a script and add the script to the Startup Applications.

#! /bin/bash
sleep 10 && amixer -D pulse sset Master 50%
Remember set the script executable also.

Return to “MATE”