[Closed]: Missing Power Manager Tooltips in Notification Area

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tom739
Level 2
Level 2

[Closed]: Missing Power Manager Tooltips in Notification Area

Post by Tom739 »

My compliments to the entire team of Linux Mint Mate for their excellent work. I have run different Linuxes and desktop environments for more than 15 years and the configuration of "Linux Mint 18.2/3 Mate" was by far the most straightforward and troublefree process I have experienced so far.

I am running:
- Lenovo Thinkpad T560
- Linux Mint 18.3 Mate
- 4.10.0-40-generic #44~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP

Starting with the default Mate desktop I have re-configured my desktop by
- moving the panel to the top of the screen (this one includes the notification area)
- adding a new panel on the left
- disabling the automated start-up of "caja" to manage the desktop
- replaced the window manager by openbox (with pop-up menus enabled)

After this re-configuration I noticed that the Power Manager 1.18.1, which is now located in the top panel) does no longer display any tooltips about the status of my batteries when I hover with the mouse pointer over its icon in the notification area. For completeness it should be noted that clicking on that icon still opens a pop-up menu with the battery status, "preferences" and "about" menu items listed. Only the tooltips are gone.

Is this a bug or did I miss any setting in the configuration to enable this feature again?

Thanks & Regards
Tom

No answers -> closed
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “MATE”