black backgrounds to context menus & buttons etc

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
roadrash
Level 2
Level 2

black backgrounds to context menus & buttons etc

Post by roadrash »

I installed Mint 18.3 a while ago now but I wasn't keen on some of the looks or colours so I went into preferences amd changed them. Ever since then all backgrounds to context menus's (right click) are all black and its impossible to see anything in the menu to select. I even st it back to how it was before and cannot get rid of these black backgrounds. Ive tried to turn off all effects making everything basic but still ive got this blackness in all menu backgrounds
Can someone tell me which setting do I need to tweak to change this or reset everything back to standard like when installed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: black backgrounds to context menus & buttons etc

Post by Ozo »

roadrash wrote:I installed Mint 18.3 a while ago now but I wasn't keen on some of the looks or colours so I went into preferences amd changed them. Ever since then all backgrounds to context menus's (right click) are all black and its impossible to see anything in the menu to select. I even st it back to how it was before and cannot get rid of these black backgrounds. Ive tried to turn off all effects making everything basic but still ive got this blackness in all menu backgrounds
Can someone tell me which setting do I need to tweak to change this or reset everything back to standard like when installed.
Until the experts chime in you might try installing a theme. Something with a light background.
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thx-1138 »

...open a terminal, and:

Code: Select all

sudo mate-panel --reset
If that doesn't do the trick, then...

Code: Select all

sudo gsettings reset-recursively org.mate.panel
roadrash
Level 2
Level 2

Post by roadrash »

Tried that and installed another theme. Problem is still there but it only affects Chromium browser I noticed. re-install chromium browser dont help

Return to “MATE”