Mint Mate: Desperately need double functional height of taskbar.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yogi799

Mint Mate: Desperately need double functional height of taskbar.

Post by yogi799 »

Guys, I , for whatever reason, cannot post in the proper forum - Desktops. There is no New Post button. So I am posting here, maybe the admins can move it and investigate.

I hook up my Mint 18 Mate to a work projector which changes my resolution to 1024x768 or something like that. I have 10 or so apps pinned to my "quicklaunch" (little panel next to start button) so that is permanently taking a bit of my "taskbar" horizontal space. When I am connected to the projector my horizontal space on the panel/taskbar shrinks to almost nothing and after opening 4-5 apps, they lose their icons and captions because they are squeezed too much.

I desperately need a Windows-like feature where you could extend the taskbar to a double functional height (not aesthetic one, i know how to do that). Apparently there was some buggy applet to do that but i never got it to work. I know this has been discussed in the past but I am hoping that new additions (18.3? etc) can resurrect the idea.

Can this be added to the feature request? This is a make or break it issue for me. I simply cannot use Mint for work if the active app tabs are indiscernible due to being squeezed too much. I literally don't know what to click on. Two lines would solve this perfectly, much like it does in Windows.

Is there hope on the horizon?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Unable to post in Desktop forum. Desperately need double functional height of taskbar.

Post by Cosmo. »

In the Desktops board you need to go into the proper sub-forum, Mate in your case. You find the button for creating a new thread there.

I cannot answer your question regarding Mate, as I use Cinnamon.
yogi799

Re: Unable to post in Desktop forum. Desperately need double functional height of taskbar.

Post by yogi799 »

Oh dang it, you're right. I did not click Mate.... Just went to Deskops. Thanks
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

Did you right click the panel (task bar)? That will let you size the panel.
mate panel 02.png
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-101 Cinn 6.0.4
Dave B
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint Mate: Desperately need double functional height of taskbar.

Post by Dave B »

Hi,

Another approach may be to install/test something like Docky (Software Manager)?

Return to “MATE”