Changed Menu Display

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tosim
Level 2
Level 2

Changed Menu Display

Post by tosim »

Changed Menu Display
Running Mint-MATE,18.3, 4GB RAM. All of a sudden, in bottom panel,Left clicking on Menu button, when opens,displays in vertical listing 8 items-from Accessories to System Tools. Left clicking on any of these 8 items then displays all items in that category. When I Right click on the Menu button,it brings up the Edit Menu which shows the categories.I really would like to get back the "regular" display, showing Terminal, etc., on left side, and then Favorites, etc., on right side..I have run everything I thought pertinent in Control Panel, and also in CompiWiz, all to no avail.I even did a reboot ,clicking on Recovery, but still same problem. Please let me know how to repair this, short of a clean reinstall, which I plan to do in very near future, when Mint 19 comes out.I originally posted the problem in the Mint forum, and hydrurga was very helpful, but we couldn't solve this one.He suggested I repost here. Also, the screenshot is how the taskbar looks now.
I'd appreciate any, and all suggestions. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sir Charles

Re: Changed Menu Display

Post by Sir Charles »

Please ignore this post if you already have done this, but I was just curious to ask: have you tried to add "mintmenu" to your panel by right-clicking on
it --> Add to panel, scrolling down a bit in the pop-up window, marking "mintmenu" and clicking "Add"?

edit: correcting typo
Last edited by Sir Charles on Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

I have used 18.3 MATE, and the default menu never had Terminal on the left. You may be thinking of Cinnamon's menu?
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Hi Jerry,
I believe tosim means this one:
mintmenu.png
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Oops. :oops: I was thinking of Xfce. Thanks for catching that Marziano!
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Easily happens with all the switching back and forth between all these desktops and menus. I run actually Mate in a VM. I had to double check to see. Nice, by the way, to be on the same thread again.
Cheers
:D

Return to “MATE”