18.3 Open New windows only on primary monitor unless in move them to second monitor at least once

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ruthan

18.3 Open New windows only on primary monitor unless in move them to second monitor at least once

Post by ruthan »

Hello,
i have problem for years with annoying multimonitor behavior of Mint.

I have 2 monitors - left secondary and right - primary and i want to force and use right one as primary for all windows and only once at while i want to turn on second monitor for movie etc.. Now some windows are constantly starting on left one, even when i move them.. I have last nvidia closed driver, geforce 970 and i driver is forced primary monitor.

Second problem is that i have panels on both monitors, i want to have share to windows list to know.. that something was even opened on second desktop (when monitor is turned off).

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: 18.3 Open New windows only on primary monitor unless in move them to second monitor at least once

Post by catweazel »

ruthan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 pm I have 2 monitors - left secondary and right - primary and i want to force and use right one as primary for all windows and only once at while i want to turn on second monitor for movie etc.
Try gDevilsPie. Failing that, consider KDE.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
ruthan

Re: 18.3 Open New windows only on primary monitor unless in move them to second monitor at least once

Post by ruthan »

Try gDevilsPie.
Its just some addon? Looks dead.
Failing that, consider KDE.
So with KDE is proven that it is working? I dont tried KDE for 3 years, is now way better?

Return to “MATE”