[SOLVED] sort of...Color tab missing in theme customization

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

[SOLVED] sort of...Color tab missing in theme customization

Post by Arch_Enemy »

One of the things I like about Linux and MATE is the ability to make it look just about any way you like.

I used to use "silver" themes, but I'm in a darker room now and it's too bright. I was using BlackMATE (I LOVE the rounded look and the recessed control surfaces) but I need something a little brighter than that. Some of the gray themes are pretty good as well.

On my 18.3 install I have been playing with different themes, and there are a couple I like, but some of the panels are too bright. When I click on "customize", the COLORS tab is missing!

Has this been removed from the customization feature? On the way to work this AM I realized I did not install GTk Color Chooser as I usually do, so I am wondering if this has any bearing on it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Color tab missing in theme customization

Post by Arch_Enemy »

I guess I answer my own question:

GTK3 uses css style sheets. There is no mechanism for making colour changes in GTk3, so it was removed.

Bummer. I thought moving "forward" made things better.

Silly me... :?
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.

Return to “MATE”