Firefox & Chrome

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ibbill

Firefox & Chrome

Post by ibbill »

While watching a baseball game on firefox my cpu1 and cpu2 ran at 85 to 100%

I closed firefox up and watched the same game on the same site with Chrome cpu1 and cpu2 ran at 30 to 45%

Anyone else notice this difference between the two browsers.

I also run Ublock both browsers.

Note: I let firefox run on the site for about a half hour to see if it would change the cpu usage with no luck.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Firefox & Chrome

Post by trytip »

yes, mozilla browses run higher cpu then chromium browsers. this also depends on whether the media webpage is not infected with bitcoin mining using your cpu while you watch. you can add a bitcoin miner block list to ublock.
first right click on this page and save as .txt https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hoshs ... nocoin.txt
next
open ublock settings > my filters > import and append > nocoin.txt > Apply changes
next
disable and enable ublock origin extension
ibbill

Post by ibbill »

trytip wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 pm yes, mozilla browses run higher cpu then chromium browsers. this also depends on whether the media webpage is not infected with bitcoin mining using your cpu while you watch. you can add a bitcoin miner block list to ublock.
first right click on this page and save as .txt https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hoshs ... nocoin.txt
next
open ublock settings > my filters > import and append > nocoin.txt > Apply changes
next
Oh wow brilliant. Thank you ever so much.Does this intrusion stuff ever end.

I installed the above on firefox and chrome.

WOW cant tell you how amazed I am at the depth of knowledge you and the rest of the board members have.
Last edited by ibbill on Sun May 27, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ibbill

Post by ibbill »

trytip wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 pm yes, mozilla browses run higher cpu then chromium browsers. this also depends on whether the media webpage is not infected with bitcoin mining using your cpu while you watch. you can add a bitcoin miner block list to ublock.
next
next
Would like to thank you for how easy you made this for me with your instructions on how to. Again thanks ever ever so much.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

you welcome,
this list isn't updated as often since this bitcoin mining is a new trap but i usually check back every week or so and look at the date modified in the list this one is Last modified: 21 May 2018. if there should be an update and you remember to check next month lets say open https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hoshs ... nocoin.txt check the date and save as nocoin.txt again as you did
then open ublock setings > my filters > rightclick on the page (below the search icon) >select all > delete >apply changes
and again import the new nocoin.txt lastly apply the new changes

unfortunately so far this all has to be done manual until ublock makes this permanent
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

I'm going to try that ublock on youtube, which starts dragging things down, see if it improves for me.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
ibbill

Post by ibbill »

Spearmint2 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 pm I'm going to try that ublock on youtube, which starts dragging things down, see if it improves for me.

Screenshot at 2018-05-27 14-55-13.png

Return to “MATE”