18.1 save session

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neubienaut
Level 1
Level 1

18.1 save session

Post by neubienaut »

Is there anyway to save a session in MATE? Been searching google but haven't found anything relevant to current release (MATE 18.3).
I have seven workspaces with Opera open in WS1, Email in WS2 ....
Been playing around with the idea of having different saved sessions for different tasks (word processing only , music media only...).

I tried LWSM in Cinnamon but it didn't work quite right (wouldn't save to different workspaces) and I would rather use MATE than Gnome.

Anyone done something like this and have any suggestions?

TIA,

Lance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: 18.1 save session

Post by jimallyn »

Last I heard, save session was not working well in any version of Mint. However, I tried it on a computer I installed Mint 18.3 XFCE on recently, and it seemed to work just fine.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
jhalpin

Re: 18.1 save session

Post by jhalpin »

neubienaut wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:38 pm Is there anyway to save a session in MATE? Been searching google but haven't found anything relevant to current release (MATE 18.3).
I have seven workspaces with Opera open in WS1, Email in WS2 ....
Been playing around with the idea of having different saved sessions for different tasks (word processing only , music media only...).

I tried LWSM in Cinnamon but it didn't work quite right (wouldn't save to different workspaces) and I would rather use MATE than Gnome.

Anyone done something like this and have any suggestions?

TIA,

Lance
Go to Control Center -> Startup Applications Preferences -> Options tab. Check the box there.

I only have one session, but it might work for you.

Joe

Return to “MATE”