Can't drag shortcut to "Quick menu" area [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Domarius

Can't drag shortcut to "Quick menu" area [SOLVED]

Post by Domarius »

This is really annoying...

mint drag panel bug.gif

Dragging a shortcut onto this area to be with the other icons there, seems to create a "new panel" that destroys the rest of the taskbar! To get the taskbar back I have to delete the icon again.

You can even see the panel become "selected", insinuating that the icon should join that panel with the others! But it makes a new panel...

What is the "right" way to add icons to this "Quick menu" panel?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Can't drag shortcut to "Quick menu" area

Post by Schultz »

Right click on what you want added to the panel, and select "Add to panel."
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

the panel in mate can be tricky. you need to rightclick that small separator to the right of waterfox and UNcheck lock to panel. rightclick it again and select move just to move it a bit to the right. then drag your shortcut
every item on panel can be moved and locked into panel.
Last edited by trytip on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Domarius

Post by Domarius »

Ah thanks guys. I got it now.
Schultz wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 pm Right click on what you want added to the panel, and select "Add to panel."
That's a good quick way. Although it always inserts from the left of the separator, and still leaves me wondering how to move it around.
trytip wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:42 pm the panel in mate can be tricky. you need to rightclick that small separator to the right of waterfox and UNcheck lock to panel. rightclick it again and select move just to mo it a bit to the right. then drag your shortcut
every item on panel can be moved and locked into panel.
Thank you that's perfect. I can tell my brothers how to do this now.

lock to panel 2.gif

Return to “MATE”