Removed MATE but can't remove screen lock screen

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frassmith

Removed MATE but can't remove screen lock screen

Post by frassmith »

I've been using 18.3 Cinnamon as my daily driver for about six months now. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to install MATE for comparison.

I immediately noticed that, regardless of current window manager, when the machine timed out and went to sleep, on waking up, it used the MATE login screen. As I decided I prefer Cinnamon, I uninstalled MATE. Unfortunately, it still uses the MATE login after waking up from sleep.

Can anyone help me to get back to the original Cinnamon wake up screen?

Apologies if this should be in the Cinnamon forum, it's an awkward call. :-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Removed MATE but can't remove screen lock screen

Post by trytip »

search your applications for "login" , there are also some leftover folders in .config for mate you can delete those
gm10

Post by gm10 »

trytip wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:31 am search your applications for "login" , there are also some leftover folders in .config for mate you can delete those
As far as I understand it, we are talking about the lock screen, not the login screen. Also leftover config files don't hurt noone unless you need the disk space.

That said, I have both Cinnamon and MATE desktops installed and they have different lock screens. So it must be some setting somewhere. Maybe it's just the theme you chose?
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

on waking up, it used the MATE login screen
not sure what the OP means but that says mate login screen. OP can activate lock screen and login screen in cinnamon settings

Return to “MATE”