[SOLVED] Mint MATE 19, diskmount applet nonfunctional?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
albbrt
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Mint MATE 19, diskmount applet nonfunctional?

Post by albbrt »

Hi all, I upgraded an installation of Mint Mate 18.3 amd64 to 19, and so far so good (a very, very smooth upgrade), except for one detail: the diskmount applet is practically nonfunctional. I used to click there to open mounted shares or mounted removable volumes, unmount them, etc., and now it just doesn't respond to clicks anymore. Am I missing some new interface element or what? I actually see a small green triangle in the mounted volume icon, but that too doesn't react to clicks. I don't know if it may be relevant, but I'm using a Nvidia card (pretty low end: a GT430) with Nvidia drivers 390.48 (those recommended by Driver Manager).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Mint MATE 19, diskmount applet nonfunctional?

Post by gm10 »

Works fine in a clean install. Try removing it from the panel and re-adding it. Maybe try apt install --reinstall mate-applets-common.
albbrt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by albbrt »

Thanks, I'll try.
albbrt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by albbrt »

Of course I had already removed and placed again the applet in the panel many times. I have now reinstalled, to no avail, and I have now totally reset the desktop with dconf, and it still doesn´t work. I'not going to do a full reinstall just for this problem, anyhow.

Thanks anyhow...
albbrt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by albbrt »

OK, kind of solved. It works in an horizontal panel, it doesn't work in a vertical panel.

Return to “MATE”