Show desktop button

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SpeedyWheels222

Show desktop button

Post by SpeedyWheels222 »

Is there any way to move this to the bottom right hand corner, like it is on windows? I was able to do it in Cinnamon but it gets stuck in Mate next to where all of the connection details are.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Show desktop button

Post by gm10 »

You would need to unlock the other elements to be able to move it there. However, moving things manually along the MATE panel is notoriously error prone, therefore I suggest you do it from the terminal like this:

Code: Select all

dconf write /org/mate/panel/objects/show-desktop/position 0
dconf write /org/mate/panel/objects/show-desktop/panel-right-stick true
This is assuming you're still using the original show desktop applet that your profile was created with and not one you added yourself.

After that either log out and back in or press Alt+F2 and reload the panel with this command: mate-panel --replace.
ipkonfig

Post by ipkonfig »

@ SpeedyWheels222

Were you able to move the Show Desktop button to the bottom right hand corner? I am facing the same issue.
ud6

Post by ud6 »

ipkonfig wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:07 pm @ SpeedyWheels222
Were you able to move the Show Desktop button to the bottom right hand corner? I am facing the same issue.
As gm10 said, sometimes when you move stuff on the panel it moves back, or around so not where you left it! :lol: so his method better if you have this problem.

But just to give more detail on other solution: right click on the items at the right hand side of the panel and 'unlock' them, so they can be moved around. Then right click on empty part of panel, choose 'show desktop' (or alternatively just drag 'show desktop' currently on your panel) and drag to the right. The other items will move out of the way and you can place it far right. Reboot and check that they are still in place you want them!

You can 'lock to panel' again if you want.

Return to “MATE”