Before you post please read how to get help
fromWinToLin
Level 2
Level 2

Re: [Security issue] LM19: Desktop won't lock after suspend

Post by fromWinToLin » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:14 pm

randomguy wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:05 am
LOL. You're supposed to search the site and look for similar issues.

This isn't a new issue, I reported a similar more than a year ago (viewtopic.php?t=261301) and posted a workaround for this issue in viewtopic.php?f=206&t=282743&p=1597568#p1597568 as have others.

I run XScreenSaver and set it to lock after 5min with Power Management enabled. In Startup Applications I added X-Screensaver. Done.
That isn't a solution: that's duct-taping a problem that needs to be addressed and fixed as a critical issue.

Just like the "solution" to the sluggishness of the Nemo file manager is to install and use Thunar instead. (An issue that has existed since 2015, and only applies to Nemo and Caja, both of which originated as Mint projects and have yet to be resolved.) GNOME Files, Dolphin, Thunar, SpaceFM, and the others do not suffer from this flaw. It looks like it won't be fixed any time soon, considering the pattern of bugs in the Mint project that are years old without being addressed as serious issues.

Most "recent" revival of such an outstanding issue with an integral part of any desktop operating system.

https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/issues/1907

SolidState
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SolidState » Thu May 02, 2019 4:16 pm

Something I discovered around the misbehaving lockscreen phenomenon. I often will connect another computer to my desktop monitor --my firewall/router runs headless but at times I need a console -- to watch boot messages or what-not. So If I patch over the desktop monitor to the firewall machine before the desktop locks, It will never lock automatically again until I reboot the machine, I can logout and that will lock, but logging back in the machine will never lock the screen on its own until reboot. It will suspend though but wakeup directly to the desktop, bypassing the lockscreen.

Bug or Feature?

For me: No big deal just have to pay attention to this detail.

touchar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by touchar » Mon May 06, 2019 9:09 pm

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

This issue may be arise if you did not configured the power settings properly. I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue.
Adam4adam TutuApp AppValley
Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on Power.

Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter

If the issue persists try method 2,

jeenuv
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jeenuv » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:54 pm

I upgraded to 19.2, and this seems to have been fixed for me--at least for the use case I reported.

Return to “MATE”