LM19 Mate - Scrambled Tray Icons

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HadronRiff

LM19 Mate - Scrambled Tray Icons

Post by HadronRiff »

Hi,

The tray icons on the taskbar in my fresh installation of LM19 Mate are like scrambled... Have you had that happen before on any release? Any idea?

See here:
Capture du 2018-07-19 09-14-53.png
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
carum carvi

Re: LM19 Mate - Scrambled Tray Icons

Post by carum carvi »

Welcome to the forum HadronRiff!

I guess the following has something to do with your problem. It is a new feature in Mate:

"To improve look and feel, but also support for HiDPI and dark themes, many of the tools and applications shipped with Linux Mint switched to symbolic icons."

You could go to "system settings". Then choose "themes". Then select a different desktop or different buttons. Just to see if it makes any difference.

You can also check "system settings" and then choose "taskbar". In Cinnamon you can change a setting that automatically changes the size of the icons. You can even add spaces between the icons in LM19 Cinnamon. I dont know what Mate has to offer exactly. Cinnamon is more user friendly has been my experience.

Is it only the taskbar that has scrambled icons or are all icons in your Mate OS scrambled?

Return to “MATE”