LM19 and themes

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ZenPath
Level 1
Level 1

LM19 and themes

Post by ZenPath » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:37 am

Have just upgraded in-place to LM19 from LM18.3 - process went smoothly, so thanks to all of those wizards who made this such a cool distro!!

A small matter of aesthetics: windows seem to be missing the colour at the top (using Mint-Y + Sand) and I cannot figure out how to get that back. Are others experiencing this also? Is this scheduled for a fix?

Also, the clock/ date panel area has now become a default grey colour rather than the colour I use for the rest of the panel. Again, is this something others have experienced, and again, is this on the list for post-release bug fixes?

Other than this - all seems to be the same great standard as one has come to expect. Thanks again to all developers involved.

gm10
Level 7
Level 7

Re: LM19 and themes

Post by gm10 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:44 am

Probably due to the upgrade, that always seems to create various issues that a clean install doesn't. Check your appearance settings, parts of your old theme may be missing or not compatible anymore. Maybe apt install --reinstall mint-themes helps, too.

ZenPath
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ZenPath » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks gm10

Unfortunately attempting to reinstall themes didn't work. Scouting around the web, there do seem to be a number of reports about broken themes, so I'm sure that this will get fixed at some point.

gm10
Level 7
Level 7

Post by gm10 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am

Sorry to hear that. All I can say is that it's not happening on my clean installed LM19 MATE and Cinnamon. I mean the clock area thing, none of the Mint themes have coloured titlebars so I'm not quite sure what you are missing there.

Return to “MATE”