Theming problems in certain applications

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bezver2651

Theming problems in certain applications

Post by bezver2651 »

I've changed icon theme but some applications still using Mint-Y icon theme. How to solve this problem? Reboot didn't help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Theming problems in certain applications

Post by smurphos »

bezver2651 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:01 am I've changed icon theme but some applications still using Mint-Y icon theme. How to solve this problem? Reboot didn't help.
Which applications and which icon theme? What version of Mint?
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

Most applications supply their own icons. If it's a Mint tool the default icon could be styled like Mint-Y. If the icon theme you are using doesn't override these, they will continue using the default one.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
bezver2651

Post by bezver2651 »

smurphos wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:48 am Which applications and which icon theme? What version of Mint?
Caja in su mode, qbittorrent, vlc, smplayer, chrome and firefox(browsers using Mint-Y theme in "Download to" menu). Using papirus-adapta icon theme and Mint Tara 19. Same result with other icon themes. Everything was fine in 18.3, problem occured after upgrade to 19. Experiencing same problem using Tara 19 Live-CD.

Return to “MATE”