Thunar settings discarded at end of session

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AlbertWagner
Level 1
Level 1

Thunar settings discarded at end of session

Post by AlbertWagner »

Anybody know why Thunar settings are discarded at the end of a session? This doesn't happen on Xubuntu 18.04 or LinuxMint 19 xfce or Solydx, just on LinuxMint 19 mate.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Thunar settings discarded at end of session

Post by Hoser Rob »

It's because those others are Xfce versions and you're installed the Xfce file manager on a Mate system. File managers are highly integrated into the DE that they come with, and others are never going to work as well in other ones.

Iit may be possible to fix this but I think you'll just come up against other problems that you won't be able to solve. I used to install other file managers on various DEs but haven't for some time. A file manager is used so often that if I hate it that much I'd probably rather switch DEs.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Thunar settings discarded at end of session

Post by Flemur »

AlbertWagner wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:21 amAnybody know why Thunar settings are discarded at the end of a session?
This might matter: root owns files, and user can't change them; see if it might be so:

Code: Select all

find $HOME ! -user $USER
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “MATE”