HowTo disable balloon tipps notifications from battery

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gerdb

HowTo disable balloon tipps notifications from battery

Post by gerdb »

Hi,

i installed LinuxMint 19 Mate x64 and get spammed by balloon tipps from battery / energy.

How do i disable this annoying shit?
BalloonTippSpam.png
OLD:

Looks like somebody else gets annoyed by spamming notification deamon aswell under Mate

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=276243

EDIT:

After removing mate-notification-deamon and reboot, i dont get annoyed anymore.

But problem is the "low intelligent" battery panel app that doesnt understand physics.

My hardware is Surface Pro 4 M3 and the cable is plugged in, still it deloads the battery a bit, and the variances from 100% to 99% are the source of spamming toggle events.

thx in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: HowTo disable balloon tipps notifications from battery

Post by gm10 »

gerdb wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:32 pmAfter removing mate-notification-deamon and reboot, i dont get annoyed anymore.

But problem is the "low intelligent" battery panel app that doesnt understand physics.
The better solution is to keep the daemon but to disable those specific notifications:

Code: Select all

dconf write /org/mate/power-manager/notify-discharging 'false'
The bug is not with the power management app but with the kernel. The app doesn't get notified when you've got AC power plugged in, so it thinks the battery is constantly discharging. Kernel series 4.18 is the first one which properly handles this on my device. Note that I am telling you that just for your information, this isn't a recommendation to install that (unsupported) kernel series since switching to it may have other implications that I won't take responsibility for. ;)

Return to “MATE”