can't see minimized apps in the panel when apps are on second monitor and can't put panel on second monitor.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mauriciomota

can't see minimized apps in the panel when apps are on second monitor and can't put panel on second monitor.

Post by mauriciomota »

Hi, I'm using Mint19 Mate. When I open an application and drag it to the second monitor and I minimize it, the app don't appear in the window list on the first monitor panel, the way to maximize the window again is using alt+tab. I tried to solve this problem putting a panel on the second monitor hoping that I could see minimized windows in the second monitor's panel but I don't see how can I put this panel on the second monitor. I think this is a limitation from Mate.

CPU~Quad core Intel Core i5-7600T
Kernel~4.15.0-36-generic x86_64
Mem~8GB
inxi~2.3.56
MATE 1.20.1
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: can't see minimized apps in the panel when apps are on second monitor and can't put panel on second monitor.

Post by gm10 »

What you describe is not default behaviour. I would suggest to reset the entire panel to get back to default settings:

Code: Select all

dconf reset -f /org/mate/panel/ 
Alternatively, if you want, it's perfectly possible to add a panel to the second monitor as well:
- Right click your existing panel > New Panel
- Right click the new panel > Properties > uncheck Expand
- Alt+LeftMouseButton to drag the panel to the other screen
- Right click the new panel > Properties to set it up how you want it (Expand + Bottom if you're going with Mint default)
mauriciomota

Re: can't see minimized apps in the panel when apps are on second monitor and can't put panel on second monitor.

Post by mauriciomota »

OK, thanks. The command to reset the Mate panel succeeded and everything works fine. :D
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

That's great! Then you already get to mark your first topic as [SOLVED]! :D

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “MATE”