Trackpoint unresponsive after suspend

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Moonguide
Level 1
Level 1

Trackpoint unresponsive after suspend

Post by Moonguide »

Recent LM 19 Mate install on Lenovo Thinkpad X200 Tablet. For a few days after the installation, after lifting the lid and moving the trackpoint would bring the laptop out of suspend. One of the settings is to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. This is a feature I want since I want access to the machine from my home network while the lid is closed. I chose this setting, but it didn't work. The last OS on the machine was Ubuntu 16 with Gnome (I don't recall the exact name), and the feature worked then. I tried a few changes to other settings in that area and now it still suspends when the lid is closed, and it won't come out of suspend when the lid is opened. The only thing I've found that works is to hold the power button down until the machine shuts down, and then power up again.

So, I have two issues. How do I get the machine to come out of suspend? And how do I keep it from suspending when I close the lid.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
--
Regards,

Moonguide
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Trackpoint unresponsive after suspend

Post by deepakdeshp »

I have found that the mouse works though the track pad may not work after Suspension of the system.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
Moonguide
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Trackpoint unresponsive after suspend

Post by Moonguide »

I plugged in a mouse, but got no response to it when I closed the lid and reopened it.
--
Regards,

Moonguide

Return to “MATE”