[SOLVED] Command line option to specify window size on program launch?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

[SOLVED] Command line option to specify window size on program launch?

Post by darkstrike »

Hi all - just found Cool Retro Term - awesome program and a worthy and fun companion to the usual MATE Terminal for me on my machines.

That being said, Cool-Retro-Term seems to ALWAYS open in a large window. I would prefer it open in a window exactly the same size as my usual MATE Terminal window (which I, of course, have adjusted to the size I like).

Is there a command line option for launchers to let me specifically set the height and width of a window as a program opens?

I saw a forum post elsewhere that suggested something like:

cool-retro-term --geometry=21x82

Would do the trick, but that seems to have no effect! Thanks for any help! :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Command line option to specify window size on program launch?

Post by darkstrike »

Answered my own question! Some more furious (as in a lot, not as in angry :P) Googling brought me to the answer I required! :)

For those interested, this is the command I used:

Code: Select all

cool-retro-term -geometry 658x435
This set the window to automatically appear at a width of 658 and height of 435 pixels to match my MATE Terminal window. Hope this helps others who may be interested! I believe there is also a way to set where the window appears on screen as well, but I wasn't worried about it!

This is the source I used and contains further information on the command:
https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/x- ... tml#ch8-03

Return to “MATE”