No Icons on Desktop

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
keithjac

No Icons on Desktop

Post by keithjac »

I am running Mint 19 Tara and until recently I had a number of icons on the desktop but now they have all disappeared. I think it happened after an update was installed.

If I right-click on the Desktop - Nothing happens whereas I used to be able to create a shortcut.

If I go to Menu and find an application for which I want a shortcut on the desktop and right-click then choose "Add to Desktop" again nothing happens. I can however add items to the panel.

In Desktop Settings I have selected to display the following icons Computer, Home, Rubbish Bin, Network and Mounted Volumes but none are displayed.

Help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ud6

Re: No Icons on Desktop

Post by ud6 »

Just to clarify, are you getting NO menu when you right click on the desktop (ie problem with Caja). Also, to ask a stupid question, this continues after rebooting?
keithjac

Re: No Icons on Desktop

Post by keithjac »

Your absolutely right - there was no menu offered after right-clicking and this problem persisted not just after rebooting but after many shutdowns and restarting from power on.

I have now managed a workaround by running Nemo, with the command nemo-desktop, at startup.

Return to “MATE”