Middle click closes windows

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
perrfect

Middle click closes windows

Post by perrfect »

Hello.
I'm using Mint 19 "Tara" - MATE (64-bit)
And middle click on a touchpad or a mouse, closes window, when mouse is on toolbar.
Also he closes tabs in firefox or chrome.
How should i change middle click that his doesn't close windows or how disable him at all?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Middle click closes windows

Post by gm10 »

In a terminal window, run (there's probably a GUI somewhere but I don't remember):

Code: Select all

dconf write /org/mate/marco/general/action-middle-click-titlebar "'none'"
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

gm10 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm (there's probably a GUI somewhere but I don't remember):

apt install dconf-editor
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

all41 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:48 pm
gm10 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm (there's probably a GUI somewhere but I don't remember):

apt install dconf-editor
Heh, cheers, but I meant a MATE GUI for changing the middle click behaviour. At least it seems like there should be one.

Is that your xmas doggy in your avatar? I used to have one like that, minus the hat. :)
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

gm10 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:49 pm
all41 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:48 pm

apt install dconf-editor
Heh, cheers, but I meant a MATE GUI for changing the middle click behaviour. At least it seems like there should be one.

Is that your xmas doggy in your avatar? I used to have one like that, minus the hat. :)
the dconf-editor gui has adjustments for

as well as dozens of other tweaks. I like to set the right-click context Properties/Permissions to 'show advanced permissions' in
/org/mate/caja/preferences.
Do you know a command line to set this?
The avatar is Sally. She was abandoned 6 years ago with two barely weaned pups. They all have a forever home. We had the labs vetted, spayed and neutered, and microchipped. We live in an area where dogs are often abandoned--so sad.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

all41 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:13 pm the dconf-editor gui has adjustments for

as well as dozens of other tweaks. I like to set the right-click context Properties/Permissions to 'show advanced permissions' in
/org/mate/caja/preferences.
Do you know a command line to set this?
Why, I gave the command line tool right there, just adjust the path (you can even click on it in the editor to copy it). But the editor, which I'm of course familiar with, is still a low-level tool, I was more thinking there should be something in desktop or mouse settings, but doesn't seem to be. Should be, though.

Return to “MATE”