Mate Clock applet...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Mate Clock applet...

Post by tenfoot »

Using LM v19.1 Mate

One of the most useful things about Mate is the ability to enter locations in the clock applet. I have about 18 locations currently entered.

Now for the question. Searching the computer, I find the clock applet in /usr/lib/mate-panel. As it is a library file I cannot open it. Would this be the file to save if I wish to retain my settings between new installations?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mate Clock applet...

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

If you suspect that file, get the file properties (size, date, etc.) then make a change to the applet; add another location. Then recheck the properties. If they don't change, then most likely it's not the file you're looking for. However, if it changes that doesn't necessarily mean it IS the file. Maybe it is saved every time the applet is closed. Usually, user configuration is stored in a hidden folder in your home folder; I would check there for Mate configuration settings.

Return to “MATE”