Icons positioned above

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
justlostintime
Level 1
Level 1

Icons positioned above

Post by justlostintime »

I have a duel monitor setup one 1200X800 the other 1600X1200

Using Mint + mate 19.1

When I organize my icons, they are placed outside the viable desktop. The system for only the icon placement thinks the screen sizes are reversed. I cannot place an icon in the lower part of the 1600X1200 Screen past where 1600X800 would be like an invisible fence.

When I set the logon window to window 0 1200X800 it appears on the screen 1 1600X1200 screen, and when set 1 it appears on the 0 screen.

How do I force the system to reset and recalculate the x windows settings sizes.

the smaller screen is set to be below and to the left of the larger screen and is set as the primary screen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Skalman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Icons positioned above

Post by Skalman »

This is a problem similar to mine. It seems that the op system thinks the biggest screen is the primary.
Iuse laptop and a 24" extended screen, When the 24" is not on the icons move to funny places, restarting and enable the 24" doesn't fix them back.
This happens all the time with Cinamon and Mate. Also the 19.1
My suggestion is you mark the biger screen as "primary".

What I need it to be able to mark the laptop screen as primary, but that isn't possible. Maybe some one from the "creaters" can fix that?

Return to “MATE”