No authentication on resume from sleep with display change.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ergo-Sum

No authentication on resume from sleep with display change.

Post by Ergo-Sum »

Got an interesting situation. Linux Mint 18 Mate on a Lenovo laptop. In my office I have a second screen plugged into the laptop, but often I use the laptop other places without the extra display. When resuming without changing my displays while it is sleeping it asks for authentication as normal... but if I change the display while it is sleeping then resume it does not ask for authentication. I would rather it always asking for authentication. Is this normal? It seems to be something about auto-detecting the change of display bypasses the need for authentication. Has anyone else noticed this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
randomguy

Re: No authentication on resume from sleep with display change.

Post by randomguy »

I posted the same feedback here a while months ago (slightly different situation - single screen, but with RDP session, and the cursor remains within the RDP screen). It seems this didn't concern many folks.

Return to “MATE”