dual/single monitor - panel from detached second monitor shows in the first monitor

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fri

dual/single monitor - panel from detached second monitor shows in the first monitor

Post by fri »

Hi there,
i have a problem with my Linux Mint 18.3 installation i was not able to solve for weeks now, also did not find any solution online.
I'm traveling with my notebook, mostly working with dual monitors, have 2 mate panels with window list too, it works fine.
But when i have only 1 monitor, the panel from the detached second monitor shows on the first and only monitor, so there are 2 panels.
I have also Cinnamon installed, it works with Cinnamon, the second panel shows only if there are 2 monitors attached.
Is there any solution for a similar behavior in Mate too? For now i most often put the second panel to the right side,
turn on auto hide and turn off expand, so the distraction is minimal, but that's not ideal :)
Thanks for any advice!
Feri
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “MATE”