How do I darken grayed-out (disabled) text?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
krivine
Level 1
Level 1

How do I darken grayed-out (disabled) text?

Post by krivine »

I'm using Mint 19.1, Mate, with the Mint-X theme. The recent upgrade from 18 went well, but now I struggle to see grayed-out text. That's an issue in, for example, KMyMoney, which displays pending scheduled transactions in light grey on a lighter grey background. I can find no setting in KMyMoney, so enabled system fonts, but I can't find anything there to darken the text. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How do I darken grayed-out (disabled) text?

Post by trytip »

i'd say change your all your themes to a Mint-Y. many old themes need to be updated to work with mint 19.1
but i don't know how your greyed out text looks like, so can't say it's a theme issue
krivine
Level 1
Level 1

Post by krivine »

Thanks for the suggestion, but the grayed-out text looks just the same as under Mint-X, and it has the drawback of changing all the icons that I'm familiar with. Here (I hope) is a screen shot:
gray.png
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

installing kmymoney wants too many kde dependencies and can't tell from your picture what it's referring to. install qt5ct which controls qt themes, open it and set a theme, fonts and icons. try the gtk2 theme
krivine
Level 1
Level 1

Post by krivine »

Thanks; I will give it a try.
krivine
Level 1
Level 1

Post by krivine »

Thanks. The screen shot in the earlier post is a snippet from the data that I am trying to look at, in KMyMoney, and shows the difference between active and grayed-out.

Failed at the first hurdle, when trying to run qt5ct:
The QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME environment variable is not set correctly

Here's the output from the command. The directories don't exist; creating the ones under ~ doesn't help, and the man page for qt5ct could be more helpful ("OPTIONS qt5ct hasn't options. It just works.")

$ qt5ct
Configuration path: "/home/krivine/.config/qt5ct"
Shared QSS paths: ("/home/krivine/.local/share/qt5ct/qss", "/home/krivine/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/qss", "/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/qss", "/usr/share/mate/qt5ct/qss", "/usr/local/share/qt5ct/qss", "/usr/share/qt5ct/qss")
Shared color scheme paths: ("/home/krivine/.local/share/qt5ct/colors", "/home/krivine/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/colors", "/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/qt5ct/colors", "/usr/share/mate/qt5ct/colors", "/usr/local/share/qt5ct/colors", "/usr/share/qt5ct/colors")

A quick google suggested exporting the environment variable to qt5ct. Neither that value, nor gtk2, make a difference. I appreciate your time.

Return to “MATE”