Appearence configurations

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
GPhilips
Level 1
Level 1

Appearence configurations

Post by GPhilips »

I changed some appearence configurations.

I am unable to install new texture packs for my folders and after changing a few configurations now my terminal is transparent on the top. https://imgur.com/a/3VJKIoM

I have placed the folders into the usr/share/themes as said to be the standard installation protocol but nothing happens.

Please help!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Appearence configurations

Post by smurphos »

Did you just add new folders/files to /usr/share/themes/ or did you over-write any existing folders/files?

Go to your Appearance settings module and see if you can find a working theme.

Then if you only added folders/files then carefully delete them again. If you overwrote any existing folders / files we need to know which ones so we can advise on what needs to be reinstalled to fix any remaining issues. We also need to know what version of Mint Mate you are using (18.3, 19 etc).

If you are not sure what you changed report back the output of ls -l /usr/share/themes/ run in a terminal.

For future reference any manually downloaded themes should be put into your home in ~/.themes and manually downloaded icon packs in ~./icons.

/usr/share/themes/ is for system themes and themes isntalled via Software Manager, Synaptic or apt in the command line.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “MATE”