Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Panel Clock...

Post by tenfoot »

Using LMv19.2 MATE

New install of the operating system a few days ago. My installation is on one partition - /dev/sda1

The Locations entered in the Panel Clock are not retained on a new install, which necessitates me entering them every time.

To avoid me having to recreate the data on every new install, I have searched for a configuration file in the /Home directory and in several of the /etc folders for a configuration file for the the Clock applet, without success.

Is anyone able to tell me whether there is a configuration file I can save prior to a new installation and, if so, where I may find it, please??
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
smurphos
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Panel Clock...

Post by smurphos »

The panel object settings are stored in the dconf backend which is stored in your home folder

This command will write the settings for MATE's clock applet to a text file which you can then back-up for later restoration.

Code: Select all

dconf dump /org/mate/panel/objects/clock/ > clock.settings
You can then restore those settings on a different install of MATE using this command

Code: Select all

dconf load /org/mate/panel/objects/clock/ < /path/to/clock.settings
But perhaps it's easier when you install to make a separate partition for /home, and then if you reinstall chose not to format the /home partition. All user specific settings will then be retained.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “MATE”