Menu bar focus probelm.

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
LiLiuser
Level 1
Level 1

Menu bar focus probelm.

Post by LiLiuser »

Ok so i have been tinkering with compiz and i finally ended up with the version of desktop that i like. Nothing fancy, i wanted some transparencies, the cube, wobbly windows. But I must've messed something up and i accidentally overwrote the backup profile that I had exported before. Now if i am in a fullscreen application and i press the super key the menubutton menu appears but it doesn't position itself at the top and instead just does it at the background. I use the menu button search feature quite a lot so it got annoying real fast. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Hoser Rob
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Menu bar focus probelm.

Post by Hoser Rob »

Unfortunately what you've missed is that compiz is buggy unmaintained crap. Use Mate's native compositor.

gm10
Level 20
Level 20

Post by gm10 »

LiLiuser wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:17 pm
Now if i am in a fullscreen application and i press the super key the menubutton menu appears but it doesn't position itself at the top and instead just does it at the background. I use the menu button search feature quite a lot so it got annoying real fast. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
You can do this in CCSM:

Note that the screenshot is from compiz-reloaded rather than from Ubuntu's poor compiz fork, so it might look slightly different for you, but the options are there.
Tune up your LM 19+: ppa:gm10/linuxmint-tools

LiLiuser
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LiLiuser »

Thanks Man, That worked :)

gm10
Level 20
Level 20

Post by gm10 »

LiLiuser wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:49 pm
Thanks Man, That worked :)
You're welcome. I have actually since fixed that issue in my forked version of the menu so it works without this workaround - at this point I usually point to my signature, but I have not released that version yet because there's still some quirks I need to iron out.
Tune up your LM 19+: ppa:gm10/linuxmint-tools

Return to “MATE”