Duplicate internet category?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
this is happenin

Duplicate internet category?

Post by this is happenin »

Yesterday I installed GOOGLE CHROME and the next day I turned on my PC and there was a duplicate of Chrome after restarting the PC there were also two categories of internet.

I am a newbie and also a kid so I know almost nothing.

things I tried
: erase chrome with menulibre
It only made many applications disappear in menulibre.
BUT STILL ON THE MENU ITSELF.

please help i dont want to broke brothers pc XD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Duplicate internet category?

Post by xenopeek »

Have you used menulibre before this happened? menulibre is known to cause duplicate menu categories and duplicate menu items. Could be the cause. You shouldn't be using menulibre; install mozo instead, that's the default menu editor for MATE and that doesn't create these issues.

Try the following:
- open your file manager
- toggle to display hidden files (press Ctrl+H or toggle the option in the View menu)
- go into the .config/menus directory
- delete the subdirectory applications-merged from there — if there is no such subdirectory in .config/menus report that as that means some other cause
- right-click the menu button and select to reload plugins, or log out and log back in
Duplicate menu entries should be gone. Does that make a difference?
becelli
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Duplicate internet category?

Post by becelli »

This helped me. Thanks!

xenopeek wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:40 pm Have you used menulibre before this happened? menulibre is known to cause duplicate menu categories and duplicate menu items. Could be the cause. You shouldn't be using menulibre; install mozo instead, that's the default menu editor for MATE and that doesn't create these issues.

Try the following:
- open your file manager
- toggle to display hidden files (press Ctrl+H or toggle the option in the View menu)
- go into the .config/menus directory
- delete the subdirectory applications-merged from there — if there is no such subdirectory in .config/menus report that as that means some other cause
- right-click the menu button and select to reload plugins, or log out and log back in
Duplicate menu entries should be gone. Does that make a difference?

Return to “MATE”