update manager window not in focus

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pakair
Level 1
Level 1

update manager window not in focus

Post by pakair »

Today, I noticed that when I click on the update manager icon (shield), the window is not in front (focus).
Took a screenshot, on the left, inxi -F output and mintupdate version. https://imgur.com/JFaPMMJ
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Questant

Re: update manager window not in focus

Post by Questant »

Just a question and point of curiosity: Is you mouse set to bring a window to the fore when it hovers over the application, and where is that mouse when the problem happens. If it is over the desktop or the terminal app when UM comes up,it will not come to the top. If your system is not set for mouse hovering, my observation is irrelevant.
pakair
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pakair »

Thanks, I think you refer to control center, (look/feel) windows, behaviour which is not set. Only if I click on a window, it comes to focus.

example: start a term, click to focus, title becomes bold. Now, click on update manager, it should come to focus, term no longer in focus, do some stuff, close update manager, focus is returned back to the term.
pakair
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pakair »

Tried Mint 20 Mate today ... same behaviour, pop a terminal, focus on terminal, click on shield, it appears behind the terminal.
pakair
Level 1
Level 1

Post by pakair »

Return to “MATE”