How to attach mintmenu to task bar?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
simlpy me

How to attach mintmenu to task bar?

Post by simlpy me »

New install of 20.1 was fine until I unchecked "lock to panel" on mintmenu icon with the idea to place all icons at the center of the panel. Then to get all the icons back and in the middle I Right click on panel / add to panel / mintmenu / OK . Nothing visible happens. Any other program will stick down there with no problem.

sudo apt update; apt install --reinstall -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confnew" mate-common did nothing visible. sudo apt install mintmenu gives; mintmenu is already the newest version (6.1.2). What do you need to know? Yes, I see it now. The most obvious option is "move". :lol: :oops:
Thanks

24 Gb memory
3.9 Ghz 6 core AMD processor
MSI 970A-G46 mobo
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
simlpy me

Re: How to attach mintmenu to task bar?

Post by simlpy me »

A reinstall was the quickest fix and I can no longer get any necessary info to find out why the menu wouldn't come back up and I am not going to remove the menu again!.

To add "solved" to this question will only mislead others to come here to see a "fix" only to find nothing.
How about deleting this post?

Thanks all
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Post by mikeflan »

A reinstall was the quickest fix and I can no longer get any necessary info to find out why the menu wouldn't come back up and I am not going to remove the menu again
I hope you don't take this as unwarranted criticism, because I don't intend for it to be criticism at all, but I could not follow hardly any of this. Probably because I am on LM 19.3. I certainly couldn't find "lock to panel" on mintmenu icon. I would encourage people to do screen shots or screen records to reinforce their write-ups of their problems. Scrot can help with this:

Code: Select all

scrot -cd 3 /home/YOU/Documents/'%Y.%m.%d_%H.%M.%S-desktop.png'
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Post by rickNS »

mikeflan wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:01 am Probably because I am on LM 19.3. I certainly couldn't find "lock to panel" on mintmenu icon. I would encourage people to do screen shots
No, but like a lot of people you think everyone else uses cinnamon, which he isn't.
ss210406_1015.png
ss210406_1015.png (21.61 KiB) Viewed 525 times
I agree screenshots are great, but recommending a command line only app to a new user, without saying where to get it, or how to use it, probably not such a great idea. Especially when there is a perfectly acceptable, already installed screenshot tool.
I don't intend for it to be criticism at all
Just logic.
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200

Return to “MATE”